Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Goals, January update

I said I would post monthly updates of how I'm doing on my goals. Now that January is over, here's my update on my progress so far. Almost no progress at all. I have spent mos tof the month sick, and that has taken a toll. The only work I did toward my Fitness Goals, was a pathetic 2 miles on the Gazelle. I did nothing toward the Household Goals. I have done a little toward the Educational Goals. We are still in our 'break', Jay is on track to finish the year by hte end of the 'break', and Dea may be done about the same time. I've worked on planning next school year. Most of what can be done prior to arrival of new materials is done. I should be done with what can be done now, by the time I order the new materials. Not much progress has been made toward the Personal/Family Goals, either. With Jay being sick the first week of hte month, me being sick since then, and Dea not feeling to great the last few days, we have not fit in a single Family Game Night or Family Movie Night. I did get some reading done this month, but not as much as I'd like. I was too exhausted from fighting the infectious laryngitis to be able to focus on reading every night.

Here's what I did read though;
The Wolfen - Whitley Strieber
Orphans - Ed Naha
Foundation - Isaac Asimov (1st book in The Foundation Trilogy)
Foundation and Empire - Isaac Asimov (2nd book in The Foundation Trilogy)