Monday, April 25, 2011

CoverGirl NatureLuxe BzzCampaign

My newest BzzCampaign is for CoverGirl NatureLuxe foudation & Gloss Balm.

Now, I should start by saying that I rarely wear make-up. I spend most of my time at home, cooking, cleaning, doing school with the kids, working in the yard, continuing my own education, etc. When I do go out, it's usually to go to the library, do the shopping,or taking the kids to the park. I don't see any of those as things that require make-up. The biggest reason, though, is that I have trouble finding make-up I like. I need something light & airy. I can't stand heavy, oily foundation. I also have vampiricly pale skin, so finding something that matches (and isn't Halloween make-up) isn't easy.

So, I got to choose which color foundation they sent me (from a list). I, of course, chose the lightest one. However, the one they sent me (which is the one I chose), may have been the lightest on the list, but it's not the lightest they have. It is way too dark for me. I recieved the Aspen. I'm going to buy the Alabaster. That one has the best chance of matching my skin tone. So, after I buy the Albaster, I'll post again to let you know if it is light enough.

Even though the Aspen is too dark, I put some on anyway. I did this on a day that I was staying home, so nobody would see it (since it is so dark compared to my skin). I didn't want to spend money to buy the Alabaster if I wasn't going to like it. It is a light, airy foundation. It is not oily or heavy. It went on silky & smooth. There were no lumps, and it was well mixed. It provided an even color over my face, no area being lighter or darker. It did seem to have great coverage of blemishes & freckles, but I'm waiting until I have tried one that matches my skin tone before claiming that as fact.
The foundation has SPF10, which is great. It comes in 14 shades, so most people will find one that works for them. One of the biggest things, for me though, is the smell. I have this insanely sensitive sense of smell. I can't stand make-up that has a chemical smell to it. It bugs me all day. This stuff doesn't, though. It's scent is actually really nice. That has to do with the rosehip extract (which I can actually smell) & jojoba. The container is 1 fluid oz & retails for about $12. That's not a bad price considering some of the options out there. It didn't leave my skin feeling dry, oily, or anything else after washing it off, and I just used regular soap & water.

The lip Gloss Balm has SPF15. It comes in 16 shades, and I intend to try more of them. I really liked the feel of it. It was smooth & silky, like when I put on lip balm followed by lipstick. It has a touch of color, just enough to be noticable, but still look natural. Again, there's no heaviness to it. It isn't sticky or gooey like some lipsticks or lipglosses. It also has a fantastic scent, even better than the foundation.