Sunday, April 17, 2011

Not Grade 2 Week 2

So, I've decided that this last week is not being counted as Week 2 of Grade 2. With my coughing and breathing problems, it was a light week. We watched a few episodes of When We Left Earth. We watched Apollo 13. Jay read quite a few books (both fiction & non-fiction). He got his Grammar done, but only some of his Writing. He did Spanish, practiced Logo Adventures, played TimezAttack, and played Chess. It was a fun, educational week, but I'm not going to count it as a week of school. Next week will be the official Week 2 of Grade2.

On the bright side, it appears that I was right. I seem to be allergic to our normal grocery store. We went to a different store this week, to see if it had a different effect on my breathing. I don't feel any worse after that trip, which is a huge difference from last week when I went from almost back to normal to barely able to breathe in the time it took to do the shopping. The inflammation, from last week, still hasn't gone away, and the Dr won't see me for weeks. At least there has been some improvement, though. Since we're now certain that something at that specific store sets it off, I can avoid that store and hopefully prevent a relapse in the future.