Friday, April 29, 2011

Oh What a Day!

My birthday is this weekend, so hubby took the day off. We have been busy ALL day! First, we had some issues with our alarm company, and had to deal with those. Then, we went to the library, which was busier than usual (maybe because we were there earlier than usual). The more people around, the worse Jay behaves. So, he's running through the kids' section & talking loudly as he looks for a book (I'm sure the group that was there really appreciated that). Then, he had to pee (because he has to pee ALL THE TIME, if we are out somewhere), but couldn't get the door to the bathroom open. So, he went running through the kids' section (again), trying to go to the media area (that's where hubby was), without me. Our library has rules against 7 year olds running through the building, unsupervised, so he had to wait. Then, when we got to the media area, he suddenly forgot that he still needed to pee, and tried to run off to look for an audio book. He was warned about his behavior (again), and told that if he misbehaved one more time (while in the library), one of us would wait in the car with him next week.

Then, after the fun of the library, it was time to go do the shopping and make car payment. First, we had to stop for hubby to pick up my birthday present. He bought me a new ceramic chef's knife. Mine broke about a week ago (I hit a piece of bone in a boneless skinless chicken breast I was cutting, the blade stuck, & a good sized chip was still in the bone when I pulled the knife out). He knows that I LOVE my ceramic knife, so he bought me a new one.

While at WalMart, I forgot that we need color ink, typical. I did, however, finally remember that I have been wanting to pick up a soap dispenser for the kitchen, so we can keep hand soap in there & they can stop wasting my dish soap to wash their hands. The kids each bought me a book. Jay got me Witch & Wizard by James Patterson. Dea got me Family Storms by V.C. Andrews. Since my kids picked them out for me, they will be the next books I read. To be honest, I've only read one book by V.C. Andrews (Flowers in the Attic), and don't think I've ever read James Patterson. Apparently, I did something to my ankle while we were at WalMart, as it has been hurting since about halfway through the store.

Then, it was off to lunch. I love, love, love Chinese food. Dea shares my love of it, but the guys don't. We don't get it often. We always eat food common to a culture or area, when we are studying it. Right now, we are studying Ancient China. We normally make the food ourselves, but since this is my b-day weekend & we would be eating Chinese anyway, we counted today as that part of our study. We were going to go to our regular Chinese place, but it was pretty crowded. So, we tried a new place (not really new, but new to us). It was fantastic! The food was delicious & the service was great. The restaurant was beautifully decorated. It had gorgeous lighting fixtures, paper lanterns, musical instruments hanging on one wall, 3d pictures showing scenes of China & the Great Wall. Everyone enjoyed lunch. Jay didn't like the soup, but at least he ate some of the appetizers & his food.

After dropping our purchases off at home, we headed to the grocery store. That took longer than I had hoped it would. My ankle hurting didn't help. We spent more than I wanted to spend on food, too. We needed some staples, the kids have flown through some things, and we picked up a few out of the ordinary items. I should know better than to do all of that in one trip. It always ends up more expensive. Of course, the fact that our current store has higher meat prices than our previous store helps to raise the grocery bill, too. However, this store doesn't cause breathing problems, coughing fits, or asthma attacks like the other one did. That's a fair trade-off, in my opinion.

When we got home, there were random things we needed to do. We ate dinner an hour late tonight (and we had leftovers). Jay didn't even have time to read until 7:30pm. Well, he could have read before that, but he was playing outside. It has been a long day, and it's only 8:30pm. My ankle is still bothering me. It doesn't appear swollen, and it's not discolored. So, I don't think it is anything to worry about. However, the last thing I need right now is one more thing to cause me problems working out. I can barely do anything as it is because I keep having these stupid coughing fits. This round of prednisone doesn't seem to be as effective as previous rounds. I thought I'd be feeling better by now. Luckily, my appointment with the dr is next week. Maybe they can figure this thing out & fix whatever is going on.

Looks like I'm off to clean melted wax off the bathroom sink. Jay was playing with a candle, in the bathroom, while he was getting ready for bed. What fun!