Tuesday, May 17, 2011

CoverGirl NatureLuxe BzzCampaign Update

Sorry it took so long for me to post this. I had previously written a post about my current BzzCampaign for CoverGirl NatureLuxe foundation and gloss balm, and said I'd update after trying different colors.

I went ahead and bought the Alabaster foundation. It is a great match for my very, very fair skin tone (almost vampiricly light skin). It is a fantastic make-up. I put some on before heading to the park with my husband & kids, on my birthday weekend. I'd been dealing with some acne, so had some slightly red areas on my face. This foundation completely evened out my skin tone. It didn't hide the blemishes, in that you could still see little bumps where they were, but by covering the redness made them difficult to see (unless you were looking for them). Many foundations that have coverage that good are heavy, and thick. this on is not. It goes on so light & airy that you don't feel like you're wearing any make-up at all. It is thin enough to be able to use your fingers to apply it (still getting the great & even coverage), but thick enough that it is not runny or watery. It stood up to a day out with the family, and still looked good when I got home. It washes off easily and leaves your skin smooth not oily (or dry from having to wash extra to get it off).

I also picked up another gloss balm. This one is Cinnamon. The one I got for the campaign is Peony.  like the Peony, but personally think it's a little too pink for daily wear (for me, that is). The Cinnamon looks more natural on me for daily wear. Like the Peony, the Cinnamon has a sweet smell, not the waxy smell of many lip sticks/glosses/balms. It goes on smooth & silky and feels light on your lips. I was wearing it at the park, while the winds were blowing at around 35-40mph, and my hair was not sticking to my lips (which it would have been had I been wearing a normal gloss). There is no heavy, gooey, sticky feel to it, at all. It is just very light & smooth.

 So, there's the update. It's a great make-up line, with beautiful color choices, a natural look & feel, , no chemical smell, and a nice price tag. I highly recommend taking a look the next time you're at the store.