Saturday, May 28, 2011

I'm Back, I Hope

For most of the week, I have been unable to log into Blogger, therefore unable to post. I'll catch you up on our week. It shouldn't be hard, we didn't do much this week.

We hardly got any school done. Sleeping schedules have been off all week. Between bad storms, tornado watches, headaches, and Jay throwing up in the middle of the night, this week has not been good for sleep. Since we've been exhausted, we haven't done much school. I'm hoping to focus on school, with both kids, this weekend.

I had my sleep study last weekend. I actually managed to fall asleep, which was mostly due to the sleeping pills they gave me. I will never do something like that again. I couldn't get comfortable with those stupid wires all over me. Every time I moved my head, I pulled one of the wires. Oh well, it's done & over with, and I am glad for that.

Dea has decided how she wants her school year to be scheduled, for 8th. It will be split into 3 terms of 15 weeks each. She had the choice of doing all subjects all year or doing some courses all year & the completing the others in a single term. She has chosen the latter. She will do Spanish all year, at least 2 days a week. She will do ASL all year. She will do Writing all year, even though the rest of English will be just one term. Geometery will be split into 2 terms. For the subjects being done in just one term, she will do an entire year's work in that term. So, here's what her year will look like:
Term 1:
Spanish
ASL
Writing
Algebra 2
Anatomy & Physiology
Computer Programming
Latin (level 1)

Term 2:
Spanish
ASL
Writing
Geometry
English
History
Latin (level 2

Term 3:
Spanish
ASL
Writing
Geometry
Intro to Psychology
Art
Music

In order to make this work, she'll have to really focus and work. However, since it will mean less courses at a time to worry about, she should be able to focus more on each. At least, that's the hope. I really hope this way works for her.

I think that's it. I did have some things that I wanted to write about, but am having trouble remembering what they were.