Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Trying to Stay Sane

So, last weekend I had planned to go to Ohio. My husband & my sister's fiance were asked to go out there to work on my stepmom's car. My sis and I were going to go with them. Well, Jay wasn't doing so great last week (and to be honest I wasn't feeling so hot by Friday morning, either), so I stayed home with him while everyone else went to the Lake.

We watched more tv than usual, with us both being a bit under the weather. We did some other stuff, too. We started working on a puzzle of Van Gogh's Starry Night. It's a little challenging, which I love! Jay hasn't helped a lot, but he's done some of it. Dea is also working on it, now that she's home.

We also started an album/scrapbook of great works of art. We have several sets of postcards of works by different artists. We are using those. We also left some pages blank to add information about the artists. There are still some blank pages at the end, although I'm unsure what we will put on them.






Jay painted his birdhouse. It is quite colorful.



I finished my flute. Now, I just have to teach myself to play it.
Before:

After:


A lot of the time was spent just reading & hanging out.

It was a little difficult getting back into the swing of things on Monday. I was hoping to get us back into our routine before Dea got home. It has been really difficult for all of us to get back to normal. There is always so much stuff going on. Right now, we have family in the hospital and some other big things happening. I'm just trying to keep us all focused and sane.