Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Yay! 7th Grade is Done!

Dea finished 7th grade last week! This week & next week, she is on her break. The plan was for her to spend her break at the lake with her grandma. Things changed, and she is now spending her break at her great-grandpa's, helping take care of him (he has not been well lately).

Jay will still be doing school this week & next. I'm actually kind of expecting us to get a lot of his work done over the next 2 weeks, since there will be no distractions.

Of course, since today is July 4th, we did not do school today. Tonight, Hubby & Jay went to the fireworks with my sister, her fiance, and her son. I wasn't able to go, due to an awful migraine. I've been dealing with this migraine since Friday night. It's been fairly constant during that time, though has faded several times.

8th grade will start on July 18th. The kids will be on totally different schedules (Jay's 1st term will end in August). I think the separate schedules will actually work quite well for us. They'll still have time off together for holidays, but their breaks will be at different times. Separate breaks will guarantee them both some alone time.

I've been working on finishing up paperwork for Dea's school (grades for her transcripts) and getting her courses for next year set up in Homeschool Tracker. I'll be getting Dea's Curriculum page updated, with the plan for Term 1 of Grade 8, this week. Actually, I think I'll go do that right now. It's not like I'll be able to sleep anytime soon anyway, between the headache & the idiot neighbors still setting off fireworks (even though it's midnight).