Saturday, January 14, 2012

Extra Steps

Since one of my fitness goals this month is 10,000 steps a day, I'm coming up with a list ways to get extra steps. So, here's what I've thought of so far:

1) Take the dog for more of her walks. Dea promised to take full responsibility when we agreed to keep the puppy. So, she does most of the walks. I generally just walk her in the middle of the night or early in morning, when Dea is sleeping. I can do a few more of her walks, though.

2) While walking the dog, walk in place or step side to side while the dog is doing her business & I have nothing else to do.

3) Take the long way to the bathroom. We only have one bathroom. So, wherever you are in the house, there's a short way & a longer way to the bathroom.

4) When possible, stand while doing school with the kids. While standing, walk in place or step side to side.

5) When standing in kitchen doing dishes or cooking, walk in place or step side to side.

6) When reading for long periods, get up after every chapter & walk around house.

7) When studying/doing schoolwork, working, or doing long projects, get up after each section, or at every logical breaking point, walk around house & stretch for few minutes.

So far, that's all I have. The brainstorming is ongoing, though. So, hopefully I'll think of some more.