Saturday, January 28, 2012

weekend plans

I will try to get on sometime this weekend to post about our week, but I'm not sure when I'll have the time. We'll be doing grocery shopping shortly, then taking the kids to their grandparents' house. They will be spending the night with their grandparents, so hubby & I can have an evening alone. You see, our wedding anniversary is this weekend. We can't afford anything big, to celebrate. So, we're going to spend a quiet evening at home. We'll have steaks for dinner (hubby will be pulling out the grill, despite the snow). Not sure what else we're having. I was thinking of maybe picking up some scallops & doing bacon wrapped scallops or maybe I'll make some baked Brie. Of course, baked potatoes and a veggie would be fine, too. My husband is pretty easy to please and will be fine with anything I make, especially if it's simple (he has simpler tastes than I do). I'll figure out what to make with the steak while we're at the store. I'm not exactly sure of tonight's entertainment, either. We may put on some music & dance in the living room, or we might curl up together to watch a movie, or maybe play a game. Like I said, nothing big, just a quiet evening at home. Monday, hubby is taking the day off work, we're taking the day off school, and we're spending the day at two museums. So, somewhere between the errands, a quiet evening at home, a field trip, and getting some work done for my classes, I'll try to get on here an do a quick update.