Tuesday, March 13, 2012

PhysicsQuest 2011

Months ago, I signed up to receive the PhysicsQuest 2011 kit. Then, I promptly forgot about it. Last week, I received an email from UPS about my shipment. I had no idea what it was talking about. Since this is box season (the time of year when several boxes show up each week), I had to run down the list of everything I've recently ordered, what had already come, what hadn't come, and what I had already received shipping info for. I still had no clue what shipment that email was referring to. Well, it showed up today. When I opened it, I finally figured out what it was. It was (and I'll bet you've already figured this out) our PhysicsQuest 2011 kit.

The kit comes with a manual/comic book and most of the required items for 4 Physics activities. The comic book/manual has a story (in comic book format, obviously) about some strange goings-on at Tesla Junior High. Interspersed throughout the comic book are teacher's guides and student guides for each of the 4 activities.




The kit is meant for Jr High students. However, after reading through the comic book/manual and reviewing the activities, I see no reason for Jay not to do it, too. It doesn't seem too advanced for him or over his head. So, I will be having both kids do it. They'll have fun with it and learn a little. I'm not yet sure if we'll be entering the competition, submitting our answers for a certificate of completion and entrance in a prize drawing. I think I'll let the kids decide that. I'll be sure to post about the activities, when we do them, and our answers.