Thursday, September 13, 2012

A Day in the Life, Thursday

9:20am I finally drag myself out of bed. The kids have had breakfast & watched some Phineas & Ferb. They  woke me up several times, but I am not feeling well today, so I slept in. Jay has offered to do only independent work today, so I don't have to do anything. I might take him up on that.

9:30am Jay missed half of today's History time, due to my sleeping in. We are now watching an episode of Monarchy, for History.

10:30am Dea starts cooking lunch. Jay reads.

1pm I am not feeling well, so not doing a very good job with this today. We have had lunch. Jay is going on Khan Academy for 30 minutes. Dea is getting back to work on school.

1:30pm The first afternoon session starts with ASL. We've mastered the signs from the last disc. So, today we start ST series 2 vol 7 My Favorite Sport.Next he does a puzzle from Fun With Logic and his penmanship page. Dea has shown me a History assignment and two Lit assignments.

2:10pm The kids take a break and go play outside, in the rain.

2:40pm Dea is working on Science. The kitten is hiding behind my legs, under my blanket. Jay is doing a page in Metric2. He then does 2 pages of EG3 and a page of FF.

3pm Break & snack time. The kids go back outside to play.

3:30pm back to school. Jay finishes the work for the last chapter in LFC A. Next, he does an exercise in CTD chap 6. He finishes off with LOFD chap 26.

5pm Jay is done with school for the day. All the work he did today was done independently. He still got done at a decent time and didn't skip much (we skipped AAS3, and didn't do much for History, but I think everything else got done). I'm rather proud of him. Dea is taking a break, and the kids are playing outside again.

10pm The kids are in bed. They spent time outside. They ate dinner. I still feel like crap. Hopefully, tomorrow's post will be better than today's.