Last Wednesday, we started multi-media pumpkin pictures, but we didn't get to finish them that day. I have something else I hope to do for Art this week, so we finished them over the weekend. We started by sketching the pumpkins. We then traced over those sketches with black glue (regular Elmer's glue with black acrylic paint added to it). The glue took a little while to dry.
I had originally planned to then use oil pastels to color them in. However, I ended up giving the kids the option - oil pastels or watercolor. They chose watercolor.
This one is Jay's. It is a very colorful, rainbow pumpkin. The brown is a tornado, which is going to pick up the pumpkin.
This one is Dea's. She chose to go for very dark & vibrant colors, instead of the lighter pastel colors more often seen with watercolor.
This one is mine. It's nothing special & was just done as a demonstration of what their project was going to be.