Monday, October 15, 2012

BzzAgent Review: Glade Expressions

As I've said before, I am a BzzAgent. Through BzzAgent, I have tried some awesome products. The most recent product has been Glade Expressions Fragrance Mist & Oil Diffuser. So, since I've been using them for a few weeks, I thought I'd share my opinion of them with you.



I'll start with the Fragrance Mist. I got the Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice for this one. I love this scent. It is simultaneously familiar & different. This is because it is very reminiscent of apple & cinnamon, the usual combo, but the cardamom makes it a little different. I keep forgetting that it isn't cinnamon, until it is sprayed. The great look of the container makes it blend in so much more than a plain can of air freshener. You could easily hide it within plain sight. It is also insanely easy to put in a canister, so easy a child could do it. Plus, since you squeeze it to release the air freshener, instead of pushing on the top, you don't get that shot of air freshener on the tip of your finger or nail. The scent lasts a surprising length of time. The first time I sprayed it, I was astonished to note, about 30 minutes later, that the scent was still quite obviously there. I do have one issue with it, though. It didn't pass the bathroom test. We have four people in this house. One is a teenager. Two are male. We all share a single bathroom. We tried the Fragrance Mist in the bathroom, but it was not able to handle it. Like other air fresheners, it did not get rid of the odors, but merely tried to mask them. The result was not pretty smelling. However, it seems to work fine in other rooms of the house. We have cats & a dog, so pet odors are something we deal with. The Fragrance Mist does not seem to trouble handling them. So, while I wouldn't recommend it for bathroom use, I would recommend it for other rooms.

Now, onto the Oil Diffuser. I adore the look of this one. Ours is a brown bamboo, not white. The only start kit for the Oil Diffuser, that was available at the Walmart we got it from, was Pineapple Mangosteen. This is a nice tropical scent. I would prefer the Fuji Apple & Cardamom Spice for this time year. However, the tropical scent of Pineapple Mangosteen would be great for spring or summer. This one is also very easy to assemble and claims to last a full 30 days. I can't yet say if it lasts a full 30 days, but we've had it a few weeks & it is still going strong. The Oil Diffuser did pass the bathroom test. It doesn't prevent the odors, but does shorten the length of time for which they stay around. I enjoy being able to walk into the bathroom and smell the tropical scent, as opposed to the dirty laundry and other common bathroom odors. We normally use a candle for the worse offending bathroom odors, but young kids can't really light the candle on top of the cabinet after they make the room stink. This provides a child-friendly, safe way to deal with those odors.

Both are also decently priced and widely available. Plus, they have the added bonus of not bothering my very sensitive sinuses, as so many others do.