Saturday, December 1, 2012

Exploring Genres: November: Classics

This one was actually fairly difficult.  I wanted to keep in mind books we would be reading soon. Dea has some classics on her list of books for English next year. We're including required reading in Jay's Language Arts next year, and the list includes some classics. Plus, there are also the historical fiction we have planned for them next year. So, we wanted to stay away from the ones we have planned for next year. Since I'll be reading the books just before or with the kids, I didn't want to read them myself, either. Plus, I just wasn't in the mood for reading classics the month. Life has been so stressful, I am really just in the mood for quick, easy, fluff.

Jay:
Matilda
The Complete Tales of Winnie the Pooh

ME:
The Scarlet Letter