Sunday, December 9, 2012

Week in Review 12/9/12

This was not a full week for us. Last weekend, my husband went over to a friend's house. His friend's whole family was just starting to get over a virus. By Tuesday, both kids were sick. I'm pretty convinced that my husband brought the virus home to us. I had a migraine on Wednesday & Thursday. By Friday morning, Jay's virus had turned into a severe case of croup. He woke me up at 5am with that awful barking cough. We spent three hours in the ER. Later that morning, Dea had an appointment with her psychiatrist. So, very little work was actually done.

We're on quarantine until further notice. I am sleeping in my recliner, so Jay can have my side of the bed. I'm not sleeping much at night, since I hear him cough every time I start to doze off. Dea is quite upset with me since I haven't allowed her to spend time with friends or do her volunteer work this week. I just don't want to risk getting anyone else sick. The last time Jay got croup, I got a case of infectious laryngitis that came & went for an entire year, with doctors totally baffled as to what the hell was going on.

As of Monday, we will be doing school again, even if we don't get everything done. Jay can still do at least some of his school work, and I think we've watched too much TV already.