Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Garnier Olia

As I have mentioned before, I am a BzzAgent. Through BzzAgent, I get to try out all kinds of great products in exchange for my honest opinion.

My most recent opportunity from BzzAgent is Garnier Olia Hair Color. I spent days debating which color my hair should be next. There are 24 shades to choose from. I do wish that there were a few more red options, as there were only 5 shades of red, and only one of them was a bright vivid red. I eventually settled on black.

I was a little skeptical about the claim of having a floral fragrance. I have colored my hair many times (I've been coloring it since about age 14). Over the years, I have tried several different brands & tons of shades. Some of those have been tolerable & some have been awful smelling. A few have even caused headaches & asthma attacks because they had such a strong & horrible stench. I have never used one that smelled good, though.I honestly expected a vague floral scent trying to mask harsh chemical smells. I was completely surprised at how good it smelled! There was no heavy chemical smell, even an underlying one covered by a fragrance in an attempt to make it smell good. The scent was quite mild & not at all bad. It was definitely the best smelling hair color I have ever used.

It was no more or less difficult to use than any other home hair color. I do like the teardrop-shaped bottle, though. It seemed to waste less than typical bottles. The gloves that came with it were chintzy, very little stretch, not one-size-fits-all, and easy to rip. If you have first aid gloves in your house, use those instead. The conditioner that came with it was not horrible, but also not great. It left my hair frizzy & full of static. Next time, I will use my regular conditioner. I did need to get 2 bottles, but that is normal for me, as my hair is incredibly long.

This is a product I intend to use again. My hair is a gorgeous color right now. There were no chemical fumes (no ammonia!). There's a decent selection of shades to choose from, though a few more shades of red would be nice. It is an oil-powered hair color, made with natural oils. It is a nice, thick cream, not runny or drippy. I very much recommend Garnier Olia for anyone looking to color their hair. This is an awesome product!