Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Newest Project

My most recent project has been turning the 3-season porch, which was the arts & crafts room, into my office. Today, I finished it. Well, mostly. I do still have a file cabinet that needs to be moved in, but other then that it is done.

This is what it looked like before:

 It was a huge mess because the kids are slobs.
 Most of this stuff got moved to the room now named the AM room, because it's for art & music.
The walls were a boring off-cream. The trim was mostly a baby diarrhea brown, except the parts that were an ugly, yellowed mauve. Obviously, the people who used to live here had no taste.

This is what it looks like now:

The walls are a vibrant Pumpkin Patch & the trim is Aztec Gold.
That window you see there looks into the living room. So, I decided to put it to good use....
 The bottom pane has a calendar on it, so I can keep track of everything.
The top panes I am using to keep track of all the books I plan to read each month. The two panes that are mostly full are my books for Oct. The pane with only a few is the start of the list for Nov.






Yes, there is a skeleton sitting in a chair in my office. Her name is Darcy.