Saturday, December 14, 2013

12 Days of Christmas - Day 7

Today I am sharing 12 Christmas songs.

Let's start with a few classics - Winter Wonderland:

and Silver Bells:
I have loved both of those songs since childhood. I was in Show Choir in elementary school, and they were among the songs we performed at Christmastime. So, I'm fairly picky about which versions I like. I couldn't find ones I really loved on YouTube, but these versions weren't bad.

Now, we'll do some fun songs. I really prefer the funny songs more than the somber, serious songs, for the most part. My kids requested the following songs.

Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer:

Drunk Lady 12 Days of Christmas:

12 Pains of Christmas:

The Grinch Song:


The Christmas Song (Christmas Don't be Late):


Now for a few more really beautiful songs.

The Little Drummer Boy/Peace on Earth:
It's Bing Crosby & David Bowie. I kind of had to post it.

O Holy Night:
I'm not usually a fan of this song, but David Garrett can make just about anything sound beautiful (even Nirvana). Seriously, if you've never heard him before, look him up on YouTube. The man is amazing.

Thank God It's Christmas:
I adore Queen. Freddie Mercury was one of the most talented vocalists of the last century. The rest of the band are all very talented, as well. It's rare to have so much talent in a band. This one had to be in this post.

All I Want For Christmas is You:
This is quite possibly the only version of this song that I actually like. Most versions just annoy me. If you haven't heard Celtic Thunder, look them up. These guys are fantastic. I love listening to them, especially the songs where more than one is singing, as they harmonize so well. In fact, they are so good, here they are again with Silent Night:



I saved this next one for last because it is probably my favorite Christmas song. This video is the song being done live on Johnny Carson. Watch Johnny's reactions & the facial expressions of the woman doing the song. The looks are great!
Pretty Little Dolly:
Yes, I know it is slightly twisted that this is my favorite Christmas song.


Ok, here's a bonus video. My son specifically requested this one be added.
White Christmas: