Thursday, February 6, 2014

January 2014 Wrap-up

The books I read in January:

For Dea's English:
I've been reading The count of Monte Cristo, though I am not yet done with it.














From Jay's Required Reading List:
Sadako and the Thousand Paper Cranes is the true story about a little girl who was exposed to the radiation from the bomb dropped on Hiroshima in WWII. Ten years later, she died of leukemia caused by the radiation.













The Miraculous Journey of Edward Tulane
Edward Tulane is a china rabbit. He lives with the little girl who owns him & her parents. When the family takes a cruise, Edward Tulane falls overboard & is lost at sea. After being saved from the sea, he lives with multiple other families and learns to truly love.













For Book Clubs:
The Hundred Thousand Kingdoms


For Challenges:
A Book of Five Rings
The Sandman
I am Not a Serial Killer

In other news:
February starts a new term for Dea's high school. Her previous term ended at the end of January. Jay has been sick the last few weeks, so he has been doing a very lite schedule (mostly reading). We've dealt with a few rounds of illness running through the house, but maybe that will get it all over & done for a while. My husband & I celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary. Now that the illnesses seem to be winding down, maybe I can be a bit better about posting here (sorry I haven't been around for a few weeks).