Sunday, March 9, 2014

The Zombie Mouse Dalek

One of the things I got my son for his birthday was a small Dalek. Today, at lunch, I was telling my husband that one day one of us would wake up with a Dalek in their face & our son saying "EXTERMINATE!" My son was in the other room & asked what we were talking about.
This is what happened next.....

Me: "I'm not giving you the idea. You'll come up with it on your own soon enough."

My son: "I won't be able to get the Dalek to work. I don't know how to do the wiring, and I can't get it open."

Me (after a somewhat frightened glance at my husband): "Whose brain were you going to use?"

My son: (shrugs) "A Zombie. I'd like to see what would happen if you put a zombie brain into a Dalek."

My husband (quietly): "I'm not sure how I feel about the fact that he's thought about it."

My son: "It would have to be a small brain, though, like a mouse! I need a zombie mouse!"


Friday, the kids told me they were going to start working on a prototype for a hovercar. I'm not sure which will happen first, the hovercar or the zombie mouse brain Dalek. I'm kind of proud & frightened right now.