Thursday, July 17, 2014

Sorry for the absence

I know. I've been gone for 2 months. I don't really know why I haven't posted in that time. I guess I've been so busy with self-reflection & deep meditative thoughts about my life, what I want, and who I am that I just kind of pulled away form everything. I'll try to not do that again.

In my absence, I have done some cool stuff, though. Like this:
That is a set of alphabet blocks I made for me niece for her 1st birthday. I'm currently making another set for my nephew, who turns 1 later this month. I cut the wood, sanded it, and then burned the letters into the blocks. I'm really rather proud of how they turned out & hope this next set is as nice.

I watched m oldest niece graduate high school:
Her son is the one I am working on alphabet blocks for right now. I am so proud of her for graduating & doing her best for that little boy. She has blossomed into a wonderful mom & a determined young lady.
Her sister graduated the next day. Unfortunately, I was unable to make it to that graduation, but I did get a pic of the two together at the older one's graduation:


I also got to watch  my older sister graduate college. I'm very proud of her.


We've been continuing with school. The current term for Dea will end at the end of this month. She will take next month off, because it would be nice for her to get a break. Jay is enjoying his school this year. He does most of it independently, and never really fights about having to do it. He has finished LoF Beginning Algebra, and is now in LoF Advanced Algebra. He has also finished Latin for Children Primer C, and is now using Rosetta Stone for Latin.

I reconnected with an old friend from high school. We hadn't talked or seen each other in over a decade, but we managed to pick up like no time was lost. I didn't realize how much I missed this friendship, and am so glad that we reconnected.

So, that's some of what has happened since I last posted.