Sunday, August 10, 2014

Planning Dea's Next Term

Dea's next term starts at the beginning of September. So, I have been working to finish the final plans for it. I will look over it in a few days to make sure I am happy with it, but I think I've done a pretty good job of it. Honestly, the main reason I intend to wait a few days to look over it again is that I injured my back yesterday & have been on muscle relaxers, and I would prefer to look over my plans with a completely clear head.

Here are the plans for her next term, pending a final check:

Intro to Psych:
Text - Psychology and Your Life
various supplemental resources

Photography:
Free online course

Chemistry:
Chemistry 101 at Universal Class
supplemented with virtual labs, simulations, & demonstrations, real life labs, and various online resources

Spanish:
Rosetta Stone

Mythology:
Approx 5 weeks spent on each of the following
Egyptian
Norse
Celtic
Greek & Roman
for each she will have one major writing assignment. She gets to choose between two assignment options
A) Choose a God/Goddess to write a paper about, the paper must be at least 1 page in length
B) Choose a myth to rewrite & update to modern times

English:
Grammar - The Chortling Bard: Caught'Ya Grammar With a Giggle for High School
Vocab - Vocabulary Cartoons
Writing: Write with the Best vol 2, one research paper topic to be decided
Literature: Jurassic Park, Anna Karenina, The Crucible, Uncle Tom's Cabin, Three Sisters, Don Quixote